- Girl Scout troop 10855 will be in the garden harvesting this Saturday. If you go up, please fill the butterfly bath and check for any wilted plants that need to be watered with the hose. I think squash and basil are ready, but not corn/tomatoes.
- Remember to bring up a bag of cottonseed meal, bone meal, blood meal or any other organic soil supplement you can find. We are storing them in between the beds, or up on the edge of the beds.
- It should be easier to make a comment now as Soozie has twitched that a bit. Use the comment section to let us know what time you will be in the garden, so you won't be alone!Send me a comment after Saturday to let us know how it went.
- Bring food for the compost bin!! (coffee grounds, egg shells, dead leaves, shredded newspaper. And water the compost.
- Remember the City only wants us to use the middle Doheny gate between 8 and noon. Thanks.
How To Use This Blog
We have set up this blog as a way to share with the community what we are up to and so members can see what needs to be done in the garden week to week.
How to use this blog:
We will post the to-do's and you simply write in the comments what you will be taking care of so we know it's getting done.
- After you have entered your comment, simply hit the arrow next to profile, select anonymous and make sure you write your name in the comments section so we know who you are!
- To make sure you don't miss an update, please enter your email address in the "Get Alerts for New Posts" form on the right column of this blog.
Friday, September 21, 2012
SATURDAY, SEPT. 22nd
SATURDAY, SEPT. 22D